Tuesday, November 4, 2014

Mexico!

Cody and I went to Mexico last week and it was fabulous!  We left on Saturday and headed back early Wednesday morning.  When I say early, I mean early, as in we got up at 1:45.  Yucko!  My parents and Brianne took the babies for us so we could go and we REALLY APPRECIATE it!


We saw a lot of little kids about their ages at both the airport and the resort where we stayed.  It made me miss my babies every time I saw one of them but also it made me very thankful that we were able to go all by ourselves.  That would not be called a vacation people. That would be called real life, with added stressors.  We will take them when they are bigger!  I love to travel and can't wait to help them experience and see the world.  I am grateful for my mom and dad and the time, effort and stress they endured so that we could see the world, amazing memories and learning experiences!


So Mexico... Amazing!  We went to Riviera Maya which is on the Caribbean side, much prettier water than the other side.  Our resort was all-inclusive, meaning all drinks, food, and gratuity were included the whole time we were there.  That was so fun to be able to eat a fancy meal and then just get up and walk away when you were done.  No waiting for a check.

 It was a perfect time of year to go as it wasn't very crowded at our resort.  We could pretty much have our pick of any beach chairs or whatever table we wanted at dinner. We got upgraded to a room with a King bed and a balcony overlooking the Dolphin Habitat.  That was fun to be able to look out and just see them swimming, jumping and splashing around.


We were able to go to a flea market one day to get souvenirs.  Any of you who have ever traveled to a different country know that this is always an experience in and of itself.  Good thing I had Cody, my secret Spanish speaking weapon! :)  One day we spent a couple of hours at Tulum, which is a site of Mayan Ruins.  It was amazing!!  I can't understand how they were able to build all of that with no animals (horses or donkeys to help lift and haul the heavy rocks) or equipment really.  And that they have stood up so well over time.


 We saw Iguanas, Geckos (there was one in our room every night, not cool), Dolphins, cool birds, and Agouti (an oversized rat with no tail), and Hermit crabs









No comments:

Post a Comment