After awhile I realized it was sort of quiet and I looked over and see them both sitting underneath the swingset. "How cute!" I say to myself, "They are just playing together and entertaining themselves". So I didn't go over right away. Oh self. You are so naive. When I did wander over I saw that they had found sticks and had dug up a mud puddle and were making "Mud Soup". At first when I saw the mud all over their sweatshirts and boots I wasn't happy. That lasted about 5 seconds, because then Wyatt let out the purest happiest little giggle and I said Good job babies! Make a mess and have fun! And they sure did!
Then we got to go to Declo for the weekend and the kids had a BLAST!! Seriously a great weekend, the weather was great and it's calving season and our newest little niece Laycie was born! She is so tiny, perfect, beautiful and holding her made us so anxious to meet our little one!
The kids played outside the whole time. They ran on the grass, played on the swingset and their favorite part was going on the fourwheeler to check on the new calves and help feed all the cows.
We also made a giant batch of pumpkin bread that ended in a tiny bit of disaster. But just for a moment, it was an easy fix. I hauled the mixer over to the bar so the Littles could help me dump in all the ingredients, as I was reaching across awkwardly to turn it on after adding the flour.... I turned it on full speed instead of low speed and we had flour everywhere! Wyatt thought it was hilarious and Tay was mildly mad at me for a min and then we all giggled and vacuumed it right up :)
No comments:
Post a Comment