Thursday, January 29, 2015

Oh yeah... regular life...

So now all the Holiday craziness has passed and we have just been home and adjusting to regular life.  Ya know, stuff like remembering nap and bedtimes do exist, our house does need to be cleaned... all that fun stuff! :)


But it's been good, we have been busy making new friends and having lots of play dates and fun new adventures together.  It has been good for me, as I seem to not be able to function as a social person on my own.  I need prodding haha!


Taylor gave her first talk in Primary a couple of weeks ago and did awesome!  We kept trying to practice with her and she would say "No momma, I am a big girl.  Big girls do not need help.  I will just go talk about Jesus in the microphone all by myself".  So needless to say I was a bit worried she would rebel when I got up to help her read the short talk we had prepared.  But she spoke clearly and with appropriate volume level (always a concern for a first time microphone experience)  and she did great!  It was super sweet, wish we could have recorded it for you all!


She is also a Potty Champ now!  Just what everyone was dying to know :)  We have been struggling with her for 8 long long long months... we walked in the door from spending New Years with Codys parents, she ran to the bathroom (not wanting any help) and she hasn't had any accidents since.  WAHOO WA-FREAKING-HOO!!!!!!  She earned a trip to Lava to go swimming and a campout in the living room, this weekend we are planning to take her to the theater (Theater here is amazing, they do a free family matinee on Saturdays!)


Wyatt is ready to be potty trained and goes on the toilet a couple of times a day. Yay!  So sorry I know no one else cares about this but as you can tell, this is my life!!  He also enjoys streaking around after a trip to the Potty. :) Pic to follow.


We also had quite an epic cereal couponing run.  We scored 18 boxes of cereal, 8 boxes of granola/cereal bars, and 6 big boxes of PopTarts.  Retail cost was $119 and we paid just $39 (including tax) .  We saved $80!! Wahoo and we love cereal and PopTarts so I would say we are set for a while.  They had a blast stacking them like giant blocks, it was seriously like 30 mins of entertainment!









No comments:

Post a Comment