Friday, October 17, 2014

Happy Fall Y'all!


My favorite part of Fall so far is getting to watch these two experience it.  Yesterday the leaves started falling off our tree and we had a great time raking them up, jumping in them and throwing them in the air.  Taylor was such an awesome helper, I wanted to bag up the leaves so she helped me rake and pick up 3 bags of leaves!


 She is a definite product of her parents, she has a little Dave Ramsey going on in her life to.  She has a kit called Financial Peace Junior (we did Financial Peace University - awesome!) which helps her pick "jobs" to do.  She then gets paid for those jobs, has to pay tithing and put some in her piggy bank and then she gets to keep the rest to buy something that she chooses. 

 We love it!  And the beauty of the system is we don't push her at all and she is learning that just like in real life, if you don't work you don't get paid!  She is also learning how to work towards a goal and also how to manage her money.  She is really good at it, I don't have to prompt her at all she knows which envelopes to put them in, she has never once asked if she can just keep it all for her spending money.  I'm proud of our little Dave Ramsey girl :)

 



COUPON CORNER

I have decided to do a "Coupon Corner" at the bottom of these posts.  As many of you know, I am a couponer, woot woot! :)  It's a fun hobby but it is also helping us save money so that we can reach that goal of paying our house off in 7 years or less.  Sometimes this can take hours each week; to research, prepare and shop - so I want to share with you our little successes!  So here is your first 2 (wahoo for you!  Aren't you beyond excited!)





 
This is over $53 worth of baby supplies which I was able to buy for about $14!  This is a big deal for us because as everyone knows, baby stuff is expensive!  Added bonus to this picture.... All those wipes were free!!  Yep it's true, all I paid (barely)  for were the diapers












This is about $18 worth of stuff for which I paid $6.56.  And that was just paying for the Toaster Strudels, the milk and Peach Rings were free!

No comments:

Post a Comment