Tuesday, August 26, 2014

How embarassing....

I find it ironic and quite sad that the last post that I wrote I was like ' oops sorry I skipped so many weeks in writing....'  and now its been ..... well lets just go with its been a few weeks.  I've been away and truthfully, a bit lazy and unmotivated, but I am back!  Yahoo, everyone is so excited they can hardly stand it!  Aaagh! :)

Well the baby that you knew from our blog life ... ahem..... last year (wow I am a terrible blogger, it really has been that long!).... anyways, that baby?  He is officially gone.  And I mean long gone.  He is just a kid now.  A kid with a big sister to keep up to, I mean this guy has things to do, places to be, food to eat people!

We got a puppy last week and our new favorite thing is taking him for walks.  His name is Gizmo (after the little guy from the movie Gremlins, never seen it myself...), he is a Maltese and Pomeranian mix, so he is little and adorable and we love him.  Minus the accidents, constant chewing on things and the hyper and biting puppy that sometimes comes out in his little... puppy self :)

But even though we do indeed love this little guy, we feel he is to blame for quite a bit of excitement we had Sunday morning.  Our church is at  9, and here it is about 8:15  and we have all had breakfast, are dressed, our hair is done, we have our scriptures and are in the car ready to go.   Yeah, no.  I was doing Taylors hair, hadn't done it in pig tails for a while so I started spraying it down, combing and parting it.... I will spare you all the gory details of my journey and just get to the discovery.

There was a huge, giant, disgusting, beyond terrible Tick in my baby girls head.  Yep.  It was awful!  In her hair down near the neck,  he was huge, and he was not wanting off of this sweet ride he had found.  We gave her Tootsie Rolls and an episode of Curious George and laid her on her tummy.  Cody pulled him out with tweezers (which put so simply sounds easier than it was) while I tried to hold her still and she cried.  It was awful.  And now I get the heeby jeebies any time I think about it.

We got it out, calmed her down, got her wound cleaned and her rebathed, dressed and were still only 10 mins late to church.   Quite an accomplishment I think!  Anywho, we believe he must have caught a ride on our sweet poochy pooch and then jumped ship.  But we still love to walk him.  There is a nature path thing just 2 blocks form our house that winds a long a canal.  We love to walk there!  We went today in fact, where we saw cranes, our favorite Duck family and a yucky Snake!  We rounded the day out with picking Raspberries at our sweet neighbors house. Yum!


(oh and p.s. if you know Tay this will not surprise you.  Apparently you are supposed to put the darn tick in a Ziplock bag in case it needs to be identified for medical purposes.  Tay always wanted to see "that tick bug", didn't really faze her at all.  now that it was out of her head anyways)

No comments:

Post a Comment